qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Kim van der Riet <kim.vdr...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Heads up: Multiple AMQP version support code changes for Java
Date Mon, 11 Sep 2006 12:42:53 GMT
On Sun, 2006-09-10 at 00:27 -0400, Steve Vinoski wrote:

> Hi Kim, after I updated to this, I can no longer build. Unless I'm
> totally missing something, line 90 of common/build-module.xml still
> refers to the original amqp.xml file through the amqp.xml property on
> line 26 of common.xml, but the original amqp.xml file no longer exists.

I have been careful (as far as possible) to make sure I did not break
anything... I just did a complete fresh checkout, and it built fine, so
there is something else going on here. The reference to amqp.xml in the
common.xml file is an oversight, however it is only used now for the
<uptodate> function, and this seems to fail safe - ie causes a build to
occur when the source is not present. In any event, now that Martin
checked in a correction, that issue is off the table. Can you give me
more specific details on how or where the build is failing?

> Also, why is the amqp.xml file renamed to amqp-8.0.xml, and not
> amqp-0.8.xml? Please tell me we don't have to have the versioning
> argument all over again...

No, I have no intention of starting *that* debate all over. It is simply
a case of reflecting what the major/minor values inside the spec file.
Since a corrected version has yet to be checked into the AMQP
repository, and since we reflect the latest official version, this issue
is now much more visible than before. We should look into what needs to
happen to get the official spec updated.

Thanks,
Kim