qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Alan Conway <acon...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Fw: JMS like API for C++
Date Tue, 19 Sep 2006 13:07:23 GMT
On Tue, 2006-09-19 at 08:29 +0100, robert.j.greig@jpmorgan.com wrote:
> The key bit here is "intended to run on the Java platform".
>
> Did you get any agreement from Sun to create a JMS-like API for C++?

Totally ignorant legal question: do you need it? I thought Microsoft vs.
Apple established that you can't copyright the "look-and-feel" of a user
interface. Can you copyright the "look-and-feel" of an API? My
understanding is that copyright protects the specific realization of
ideas, not the ideas themselves. Can something realized in C++ be
considered a "copy" of Java code for legal purposes?

Cheers,
Alan.