qpid-dev mailing list archives

From "John O'Hara" <john.r.oh...@gmail.com>
Subject A question for the ActiveMQ chaps on the list...
Date Fri, 22 Sep 2006 01:46:17 GMT
Do you think ActiveMQ can support AMQP semantics as defined in the spec?

When James spent some time with us back on the early early days of the AMQP
I got the impression that he held the view that you could plug the command
verbs onto ActiveMQ and it would just work.

I wasn't convinced of that approach back then.  But I do hope an AMQP
compatible ActiveMQ is possible.

I'd like to work on a AMQP-Interop spec which defines how some set of AMQP
behaviours can work with existing middleware semantics.  That might be a
useful starting point for an AMQP transport for ActiveMQ.

I believe getting the semantics clear and consistent is crucial to interop.

Any interest in that, or is it not a useful idea?

John