qpid-dev mailing list archives

From "John O'Hara" <john.r.oh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Qpid URL Formats [ was Re: A question for the ActiveMQ chaps on the list...]
Date Wed, 27 Sep 2006 11:08:18 GMT
If AMQP should be thee answer to users; they shouldn't have to think "in VM
or TCP".  Much like HTTP, the only option is encrypted or not.

As I said, I accept it can be useful for testing, but I really don't want to
water down the message of "one standard".

The same goes for transport bindings, as raised on the protocol discussion
list.  We should architect and prove it can be done (say to bind to SCTP),
but lets not confuse prospective users.

We're selling simplicity -- if thats possible!
John