qpid-dev mailing list archives

From "Robert Greig" <robert.j.gr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Qpid URL Formats [ was Re: A question for the ActiveMQ chaps on the list...]
Date Wed, 27 Sep 2006 07:24:10 GMT
On 27/09/06, John O'Hara <john.r.ohara@gmail.com> wrote:
> For testing I understand.
> But what are we testing at that point?

It is extremely useful to be able to test without the latency
introduced by the network. We have found a number of timing-related
bugs this way. It is also useful to know that the higher layers in the
broker and client are not intimately bound to TCP/IP.

> You should be able to run one test harness against both the C++ and Java
> servers... that would be real leverage; and that would use IP.

Of course and nobody is suggesting that we should not be able to do this.

> I think popping out the notion of a VM transport sends a bad message to
> prospective users.

I don't follow. What bad message?

RG