qpid-dev mailing list archives

From "Johnson, Eric" <Eric.John...@iona.com>
Subject RE: Qpid project Web Site
Date Wed, 20 Sep 2006 12:44:54 GMT
The CeltiXfire project is also looking at using cwiki for its main site
and its documentation. I'm still not convinced about it being a great
idea, but the Wiki does make editing easy. There is no messing around
with HTML or XML files.
It is a regular Confluence wiki and does have the ability to do static
export of the content. To get the stuff to look really good though you
need to create export themes using Confluence's theme engine which uses
Velocity. Without the theme it looks pretty terrible.
What Geronimo did, and CeltiXfire is going to emulate, is create several
spaces on cwiki for the project. One space is the where the main site is
created and has pretty restricted access. The other spaces have
different access privileges and are used for documentation and developer
spaces. This provides some flexibility around access control and look
and feel.
I've done a little poking around with the theme stuff and it does not
look too hard. I haven't actually gotten around to creating and testing
one though.
Another option is to use the Maven site building stuff. It is also
pretty powerful and can be skinned.

documentation

> > up
> >
> >> and
> >> running as well.
> >>
> >> The following link describes the layout and the procedure.
> >>
> >> <http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Incubation_Policy.html>
> >> http://incubator.apache.org/guides/sites.html
> >>
> >> comments/suggestions/ideas most welcomed.
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >>
> >> Rajith
> >>

> This communication is for informational purposes only. It is not
intended
> as an offer or solicitation for the purchase or sale of any financial
> instrument or as an official confirmation of any transaction. All
market
> prices, data and other information are not warranted as to
completeness or
> accuracy and are subject to change without notice. Any comments or
> statements made herein do not necessarily reflect those of JPMorgan
Chase
> & Co., its subsidiaries and affiliates.

> confidential, legally privileged, and/or exempt from disclosure under
> applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
> notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the
> information contained herein (including any reliance thereon) is
STRICTLY