qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Carl Trieloff <cctriel...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: maven
Date Thu, 07 Sep 2006 21:40:13 GMT

Would like to park the maven discussion until Steve comes back with
something that we can concretely
discuss. My view is Maven does not help us any at this stage, and there
are better uses of time right
now on the code base, (but that is my view) and I might change it after
Steve comes back with his
research.

Regards
Carl.

steven.x.shaw@jpmorgan.com wrote:
> Could be wonderful. Maven makes alot of promises. I really like he IDE
> file generation. Maven seem popular at Apache.
>
> I did spent a while trying to get Maven 2.0.2 and then 2.0.4 working to
> build Mina here at JPMC. It just wouldn't work. I configured my http
> proxy. It couldn't download the maven-compiler-plugin I think. At home it
> worked fine :). I figure that I was having some kind of firewall issue but
> the error messages leave alot to be desired! I ended up building mina-core
> with a very short shell script...
>
> Steve.
>
> This communication is for informational purposes only. It is not intended as an offer
or solicitation for the purchase or sale of any financial instrument or as an official confirmation
of any transaction. All market prices, data and other information are not warranted as to
completeness or accuracy and are subject to change without notice. Any comments or statements
made herein do not necessarily reflect those of JPMorgan Chase & Co., its subsidiaries
and affiliates.

> This transmission may contain information that is privileged, confidential, legally privileged,
and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the information
contained herein (including any reliance thereon) is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. Although this transmission
and any attachments are believed to be free of any virus or other defect that might affect
any computer system into which it is received and opened, it is the responsibility of the
recipient to ensure that it is virus free and no responsibility is accepted by JPMorgan Chase
& Co., its subsidiaries and affiliates, as applicable, for any loss or damage arising
in any way from its use. If you received this transmission in error, please immediately contact
the sender and destroy the material in its entirety, whether in electronic or hard copy format.
Thank you.