qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Vinoski <vino...@iona.com>
Subject maven
Date Tue, 05 Sep 2006 20:04:37 GMT
I'd like to "mavenize" the Qpid build (specifically with Maven 2, of
course). We have more than a few dependencies, such as log4j, a bunch
of jakarta commons stuff, some mina stuff, saxon, and xmlbeans, and
maven could help manage all that and any future dependencies we
create, such as for persistence. But maven brings other major
benefits too, such as single commands to set up Eclipse or IntelliJ
workspaces, commands to measure code coverage, commands to run code
style checkers, etc. I also think the standard maven directory
structure helps enforce subproject unit testing, as the tests and the
sources sit in peer directories under each subproject.

Now would be a good time to do this, obviously, given the code moving
into the incubator. Unless everyone hates the idea, I'll keep working
on it in my private workspace and try to have it ready by the end of
the week. Obviously, if anyone has any major concerns, please voice
them here.

thanks,
--steve