qpid-dev mailing list archives

From robert.j.gr...@jpmorgan.com
Subject Re: Fw: JMS like API for C++
Date Tue, 19 Sep 2006 07:29:54 GMT
> You guys might already have this, but since your code has not hit the
> apache svn repo yet, I have not looked at what you guys have.  But
> activemq has a JMS like API for C++ and I was thinking that perhaps
> qpid would eventually do the same too.  And if that's the case, then I
> think it should use the same interfaces if possible.

The problem is a legal one.

If you look at the licence (in the JMS specification document itself), it
states:

"Subject to the terms and conditions of this license, Sun hereby grants you
a fully-paid, non-exclusive, non-transferable, worldwide, limited
license (without the right to sublicense) under Sun's intellectual property
rights to review the Specification internally solely for the purpose
of designing and developing your Java applets and applications intended to
run on the Java platform."

The key bit here is "intended to run on the Java platform".

Did you get any agreement from Sun to create a JMS-like API for C++?

Robert

This communication is for informational purposes only. It is not intended as an offer or solicitation
for the purchase or sale of any financial instrument or as an official confirmation of any
transaction. All market prices, data and other information are not warranted as to completeness
or accuracy and are subject to change without notice. Any comments or statements made herein
do not necessarily reflect those of JPMorgan Chase & Co., its subsidiaries and affiliates.

This transmission may contain information that is privileged, confidential, legally privileged,
and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the information
contained herein (including any reliance thereon) is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. Although this transmission
and any attachments are believed to be free of any virus or other defect that might affect
any computer system into which it is received and opened, it is the responsibility of the
recipient to ensure that it is virus free and no responsibility is accepted by JPMorgan Chase
& Co., its subsidiaries and affiliates, as applicable, for any loss or damage arising
in any way from its use. If you received this transmission in error, please immediately contact
the sender and destroy the material in its entirety, whether in electronic or hard copy format.
Thank you.