qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Ritchie <martin.a.ritc...@jpmorgan.com>
Subject Re: Persistence
Date Tue, 19 Sep 2006 08:25:56 GMT
Hiram,

I set up the IBM performance tests. It was straight forward, the trick was
fixing a few JMS compliance issues in QPID broker and client.

The IBM jar can be downloaded from here.

http://www.alphaworks.ibm.com/tech/perfharness

There are three main tests.

A single Put - Get test.

A topic Publisher / Subscriber pair

A queue based Sender / Receiver pair

We setup our connections, topics and queues via JNDI using the File System
Context. As a result the test class (-tc) Put - Get test looks like this.

java JMSPerfHarness
        -pc JNDI -ii com.sun.jndi.fscontext.RefFSContextFactory
        -iu file:/C:/temp/IBMPerfTestsJNDI/
        -cf amq/ConnectionFactory
        -d amq/Queue
        -tc jms.r11.PutGet -nt 6 [-pp] [-tx]

The options persistent (-pp) and transactional (-tx) can be add to the
command line.

The IBM download contains a manual which details all this and is straight
forward.

Hope this helps

--
Martin