qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Ritchie <martin.a.ritc...@jpmorgan.com>
Subject Re: Getting a Confluence Wiki for Qpid...
Date Fri, 22 Sep 2006 08:46:55 GMT
I voted for MoinMoin as I'd used it in the past and found it quite good.
That said being able to use Confluence to generate our main website seems
like a strong case for using it over MoinMoin.

--
Martin

|         |           robert.j.greig@jp|
|         |           morgan.com       |
|         |           2006-09-22 09:09 |
|         |           qpid-dev         |

  |       To:       qpid-dev@incubator.apache.org
                                       |
  |       cc:
                                       |
  |       Subject:  Re: Getting a Confluence Wiki for Qpid...

Yes there was a brief discussion of this in the last couple of days.

I agree with what you suggest - I certainly think that using Confluence
would be much easier than messing around with xml/html to generate a site
and other projects that are moving to "Cwiki" are citing this as the reason
to move. The Geronimo pages link I posted looked pretty good.

I know that while I was away people voted for MoinMoin as our wiki - does
anyone have a strong preference for it over Confluence?

RG

|         |           "John O'Hara"    |
|         |           <john.r.ohara@gma|
|         |           il.com>          |
|         |           22/09/2006 02:52 |
|         |           qpid-dev         |

>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

  |       To:       qpid-dev@incubator.apache.org
|
  |       cc:
|
  |       Subject:  Getting a Confluence Wiki for Qpid...
|

>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

I saw http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence just now.  If you read "0 About
the
Cwiki Site" its pretty interesting.

What's really compelling is they have got a static side export utility
running from the Cwiki site -- which means you could use if to generate
documentation to ship with the product.

We should probably have two CWiki's (according to the About site).
QPID and QPIDDOCS  the second one being restricted to folk who've signed
the
ICLA so we can ship it with the distro.

Apparantly a PMC member is required to get it up and running -- who can do
that?

John

This communication is for informational purposes only. It is not intended
as an offer or solicitation for the purchase or sale of any financial
instrument or as an official confirmation of any transaction. All market
prices, data and other information are not warranted as to completeness or
accuracy and are subject to change without notice. Any comments or
statements made herein do not necessarily reflect those of JPMorgan Chase &
Co., its subsidiaries and affiliates.

This transmission may contain information that is privileged, confidential,
legally privileged, and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If
disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the information contained
herein (including any reliance thereon) is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. Although
this transmission and any attachments are believed to be free of any virus
or other defect that might affect any computer system into which it is
received and opened, it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure
that it is virus free and no responsibility is accepted by JPMorgan Chase &
Co., its subsidiaries and affiliates, as applicable, for any loss or damage
arising in any way from its use. If you received this transmission in
error, please immediately contact the sender and destroy the material in
its entirety, whether in electronic or hard copy format. Thank you.

[...]

and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the information