qpid-dev mailing list archives

From robert.j.gr...@jpmorgan.com
Subject Re: JMS like API for C++
Date Tue, 19 Sep 2006 09:36:35 GMT
Yes we have looked at this but as you say we would need to get their
approval to use it.

I wonder if they had to pay any licence fee to Sun to be able to create
.NET and C++ "JMS-style" APIs. There would also be the question of whether
any agreement they made was transferrable (i.e. they could then transfer
that right to others).

RG

|         |           "James Strachan" |
|         |           <james.strachan@g|
|         |           mail.com>        |
|         |           19/09/2006 10:06 |
|         |           qpid-dev         |

  |       To:       qpid-dev@incubator.apache.org
                                       |
  |       cc:
                                       |
  |       Subject:  Re: JMS like API for C++

FWIW IBM also has something similar, XMS....

http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/websphere/library/techarticles/0509_phillips/0509_phillips.html

I wonder if they'd donate it to Apache and we could all merge efforts...

--

James
-------

This communication is for informational purposes only. It is not intended as an offer or solicitation
for the purchase or sale of any financial instrument or as an official confirmation of any
transaction. All market prices, data and other information are not warranted as to completeness
or accuracy and are subject to change without notice. Any comments or statements made herein
do not necessarily reflect those of JPMorgan Chase & Co., its subsidiaries and affiliates.

This transmission may contain information that is privileged, confidential, legally privileged,
and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the information
contained herein (including any reliance thereon) is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. Although this transmission
and any attachments are believed to be free of any virus or other defect that might affect
any computer system into which it is received and opened, it is the responsibility of the
recipient to ensure that it is virus free and no responsibility is accepted by JPMorgan Chase
& Co., its subsidiaries and affiliates, as applicable, for any loss or damage arising
in any way from its use. If you received this transmission in error, please immediately contact
the sender and destroy the material in its entirety, whether in electronic or hard copy format.
Thank you.