qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Bhupendra Bhardwaj <bhupendra.x.bhard...@jpmorgan.com>
Subject Re: Vote on Confluence/MoinMoin/Static Site
Date Wed, 27 Sep 2006 15:58:51 GMT
+1 for Confluence

             "Martin Ritchie"
             <martin.a.ritchie
             @googlemail.com>                                           To
                                       qpid-dev@incubator.apache.org
             27/09/2006 08:31                                           cc

                                                                   Subject
             Please respond to         Re: Vote on
             qpid-dev@incubato         Confluence/MoinMoin/Static Site
               r.apache.org

I understand and agree with Steve V.'s view on commercial software's role
(or lack there of) in open source development. It just doesn't seem right
me.

That said we have a project that we need to develop and have a presence
for.
Apache are using JIRA as their tracker and as such it seems reasonable to
leavearge the integration with Confluence. The fact that Confluence can
also
be used to make a good static site is a bonus.

I would prefer MoinMoin as I do and would like to continue supporting their
effort but in this case I have to +1 for Confluence as it makes most sense
for our project.

[X] Use Confluence both for wiki and static website. This will retire
MoinMoin from our project.

--
Martin
(now on googlemail)

On 26/09/06, Robert Greig <robert.j.greig@jpmorgan.com> wrote:

> Can we vote on the various options for wiki/website.
>
> Here are the options as I see them. If you disagree and your preferred
> option is not listed please suggest it.
>
> [ ] Use Confluence both for wiki and static website. This will retire
> MoinMoin from our project.
> [ ] Continue to use MoinMoin as a wiki and use xml/html for static
website
> [ ] Use MoinMoin for the wiki and introduce Confluence but only for the
> static site
>
> RG
>

> This communication is for informational purposes only. It is not intended
> as an offer or solicitation for the purchase or sale of any financial
> instrument or as an official confirmation of any transaction. All market
> prices, data and other information are not warranted as to completeness
or
> accuracy and are subject to change without notice. Any comments or
> statements made herein do not necessarily reflect those of JPMorgan Chase
&
> Co., its subsidiaries and affiliates.

> confidential, legally privileged, and/or exempt from disclosure under
> applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
> notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the
> information contained herein (including any reliance thereon) is STRICTLY
> PROHIBITED. Although this transmission and any attachments are believed
> be free of any virus or other defect that might affect any computer
system
> into which it is received and opened, it is the responsibility of the
> recipient to ensure that it is virus free and no responsibility is
accepted
> by JPMorgan Chase & Co., its subsidiaries and affiliates, as applicable,
for
> any loss or damage arising in any way from its use. If you received this
> transmission in error, please immediately contact the sender and destroy
the
> material in its entirety, whether in electronic or hard copy format.
Thank

--
Martin Ritchie

This communication is for informational purposes only. It is not intended as an offer or solicitation
for the purchase or sale of any financial instrument or as an official confirmation of any
transaction. All market prices, data and other information are not warranted as to completeness
or accuracy and are subject to change without notice. Any comments or statements made herein
do not necessarily reflect those of JPMorgan Chase & Co., its subsidiaries and affiliates.

This transmission may contain information that is privileged, confidential, legally privileged,
and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the information
contained herein (including any reliance thereon) is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. Although this transmission
and any attachments are believed to be free of any virus or other defect that might affect