qpid-dev mailing list archives

From "Cliff Schmidt" <cliffschm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Qpid Release Process
Date Mon, 18 Sep 2006 02:45:06 GMT
First of all, I know I was asked to respond to this thread about
releases...I will catch up on the whole thread and offer any advice I
can in the next 24 hours or so.  I'm a little backlogged right now,
but I wanted to let you all know Jira is up and that committers need
to create accounts.

See below for Jira info...

On 9/17/06, Carl Trieloff <cctrieloff@redhat.com> wrote:

> I believe the JIRA should be up soon, as soon as I see it is working I will
> mail out the details.

I created a Qpid Jira project with the typical notification and
permission schemes: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID.

This also involved creating a qpid-developers group, but I only added
people I knew would already have an account -- qpid committers who
were already committers on other Apache projects.

So, each new committer should go to
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/Signup!default.jspa and create a
jira account and email me with your username.  I'll then add you to
the qpid-developers group.  The typical convention is to use your
Apache id for your Jira username (that's how I was able to guess the
Jira ids of the committers who already had apache accounts).

Also, I tentatively made myself the "project lead", but it should
really be a committer who is going to be very active in the project.
So, who would like to volunteer to be the Jira person for this
project?    All qpid-developers really have all the permission they'd
need with the scheme I set up, but I think the project lead might be
able to do some admin stuff others can't do -- really not sure exactly
what.  So, I'll reassign this to whomever you all come up with.  I
don't think it's much of a big deal though.

Cliff