qpid-dev mailing list archives

From "Gregory Brail" <gbr...@bea.com>
Subject RE: Spec questions and comments
Date Tue, 17 Oct 2006 23:01:57 GMT

Thanks for the encouragement.

I noticed that in the AMQP specification, in section 2.3.5, each frame
starts out with an eight-byte header:

type (octet)
empty (octet)
channel (short)
size (long)

The grammar in section 4.2.1 says the same thing, but refers to the
second octet as "cycle".

Regardless, it seems like the QPID Python code, at least, sends a
seven-byte frame header, and the little bit of Java code I read did the
same.

Has the spec changed, or is this something that should be addressed in
QPID?

			greg

-----Original Message-----
From: Debbie Moynihan [mailto:debbiemoynihan@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 05, 2006 6:36 AM
To: qpid-dev@incubator.apache.org; cctrieloff@redhat.com
Subject: Re: Spec questions and comments

Greg,
It's great to see your interest in AMQP and Qpid.  I think for places
where
Qpid doesn't match the spec it should be raised as an issue in the issue
tracking system or share it on the list for discussion.  My
understanding is
that the goal is to be compliant with the published specification, so we
should be aware of any areas which are not compliant so we can address
them
before releasing a milestone.

Debbie

On 10/3/06, Carl Trieloff <cctrieloff@redhat.com> wrote:

> Greg,
>
> We are in the process of setting up a public location to post
comments.
> The working group has
> decided to make the spec dev list public and should have a place to go
> read it soon. Until these pages
> are opened up you are welcome to interact we me and I will coordinate
> your feedback if that works for you.
>
> You can also post the questions to this list as quite a  few working
> members are also on this list and
> will most likely be happy to help out.
>
> We know about quite a few of the gaps in the spec and have amended
these
> but glad see if there
> are ones we have missed so that we can fill them together with the set
> we have in for the next draft.
>
> Regards
> Carl.
>
> Gregory Brail wrote:
> > Hi there, QPID developers. I've been thinking about the AMQP
protocol
> > for a while now, and I'm starting to do a little prototyping to see
what
> > might be possible by using this protocol. Nothing is planned or
anything
> > - I'm just tinkering.
> >

> > I ran into a few places where the spec didn't really say enough to
> > implement it, and one place where the spec doesn't match the QPID
code.
> > How do I report these things? Is an issue raised via your
issue-tracking
> > system for this list sufficient, or should I try something else?
Thanks!

> >                                              greg

> > Notice:  This email message, together with any attachments, may
contain
> > information  of  BEA Systems,  Inc.,  its subsidiaries  and
affiliated
> > entities,  that may be confidential,  proprietary,  copyrighted
and/or
> > legally privileged, and is intended solely for the use of the
individual
> > or entity named in this message. If you are not the intended
recipient,
> > and have received this message in error, please immediately return
this
> > by email and then delete it.

by email and then delete it.