qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Alan Conway <acon...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Queue Consumer cancel question.
Date Thu, 19 Oct 2006 20:35:14 GMT
On Thu, 2006-10-19 at 16:19 -0400, Kodichath, Suresh wrote:
> So can Qpid use the working copy specification or should it only use the
> published one. Finally, is it the Python tests (may be C++ broker as
> well) or the Java broker that needs to be changed for this.

To my mind, if the working copy clarifies something that is not clear in
the published spec, then it is perfect reasonable to implement the
working spec's version. You're not violating the published spec (since
it isn't clear anyway) and you're implementing what is likely to become
the standard.

If the working copy says something that contradicts the current spec
then that's a different story.

I'm not an expert on spec politics though, someone else may give a more
authoritative answer.