qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Alan Conway <acon...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Proposed C++ style guide
Date Thu, 26 Oct 2006 20:09:44 GMT
So far I have not heard any strong objections to using
http://geosoft.no/development/cppstyle.html as a style guide.

Two people have raised 4 space indenting and I'm inclined to agree.

In the interests of avoiding endless debate on personal preference I
propose we just live with it as-is with only those 2 exceptions: 4 space
indents and .cpp file extensions. Making a long list of exceptions kinda
defeats the purpose of picking a ready made style guide.

If you _really_ hate it (and you actually plan to write some C++ code
for qpid) propose an alternative ready-made, well-documented guide that
suits your taste and we can vote on it. Or just use rules 1. and 2.
extensively :)

Cheers,
Alan.