qpid-dev mailing list archives

From "John O'Hara" <john.r.oh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ can now support AMQP clients.
Date Thu, 26 Oct 2006 00:02:02 GMT
I'm confused where ActiveMQ is going here.

To quote Hiram:
"It also means that the AMQP message are in a seperate messaging
domain from the JMS messages.  Now that everything is integrated and running
together we can figure what is the best approach to merging the messaging
domains."

Does this mean that the current implementation is a "cut and shunt"?  Where
two implementations are parked in the same address space?

I'm hoping that the ActiveMQ folk's interest in AMQP is not just a "box
ticking" exercise for marketing purposes, and that it's a genuine effort to
engineer a correct AMQP solution.

The possibilities for damaging an emerging standard here are enormous; I
hope that everyone on the mailing list cares about the success of the AMQP
protocol, and understands the need to work towards good interoperating
implementations and the need *NOT* to confuse the market.

Have the ActiveMQ folk committed anything to the Qpid code tree which isn't
driven by a desire to import Qpid into ActiveMQ?
I most sincerely hope the answer is yes.

Cheers
John