qpid-dev mailing list archives

From "Robert Greig" <robert.j.gr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Fwd: Performance comparison for C++ and Java.
Date Thu, 26 Oct 2006 12:19:53 GMT
On 26/10/06, Gordon Sim <gsim@redhat.com> wrote:

> Interesting. Did you alter the number of threads for the c++ broker
> (--worker-threads)? The default is 5. Last time round you noticed an
> improvement with a higher number I believe.

Ah, I had forgotten about that flag. Incidentally, how do I get usage?
I tried everything I could think of --help, -h /?, /help and it didn't
seem to work.

I will try that and get back to you.

> > What is your threading model?
>
> A separate thread for accepting connections, then a pool of workers used
> in a leader-follower pattern processing io events for each connection.

So does a single thread process the entire thing - decoding of bytes
into protocol frame, processing of frame (i.e. routing) then encoding
etc?

RG