qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Brian McCallister <bri...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ can now support AMQP clients.
Date Fri, 27 Oct 2006 01:08:52 GMT

On Oct 26, 2006, at 3:51 AM, Gordon Sim wrote:

> Right now the feedback seems to be that the code is mainly useful
> as 'seed' code for a fork. Forks are clearly not ideal as they
> dilute the collective effort, but sometimes they may be inevitable
> due to different long term needs/aims or lack of short term
> resources to make more minor adjustments to satisfy all needs.

Huh? Is this referring to Hiram's patches which work to decouple the
code to make it more easily reusable?

I would strongly advise against preferring less reusable code in
order to make it more difficult for people to reuse the code and
"guard" against forks. Forks are usually social phenomena, not
technical.

-Brian