qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <daniel.k...@iona.com>
Subject Re: [java] junit4
Date Fri, 27 Oct 2006 13:40:48 GMT

Steve,

On Thursday October 26 2006 4:29 pm, you wrote:
> Is there a critical reason for the use of junit4 in the qpid tests?
> The reason I ask is that maven2 and junit4 simply do not get along
> just yet. Specifically, it's a known bug that the maven surefire
> plugin doesn't handle junit4, and while a maven-junit workaround
> plugin exists, it's rudimentary and so won't handle the tests qpid has.

Just to let you know, I've talked to a few people on the Maven teams and
made some comments on a thread on their dev list [1] and such and it
looks like we have commitment from them to have one person make the
surefire plugin their highest priority starting next week.   I don't know
if JUnit 4 [2] will make it or not.   At the very least, if everyone
would vote for the "suite()" fix [3], that would at least allow the
workaround to work.

Dan

[1]http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/maven-dev/200610.mbox/<200610261715.43494.daniel.kulp%40iona.com>
[2]http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/SUREFIRE-31