qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Clustering - Current Setup/Questions
Date Fri, 06 Oct 2006 12:28:48 GMT
Marnie McCormack wrote:
> - to start a broker which will participate in a cluster use the class
> org.apache.qpid.server.cluster.Main and the -j option which should specify
> host:port
> - then start x other brokers to join the cluster

You start the first broker without the join option, then subsequent
members are started with the join option giving the address of an
existing cluster member (e.g. the first one started).

> - is there any way to configure a cluster using the broker config. I had
> initially imagined that you'd be able to do that but couldn't spot a route
> in that way ?

You can use a config file for each broker, but not a global file to
startup a set of clustered brokers. The join address can't as yet be
specified in the config either I don't think.

> - how do you go about running up more than one cluster on the same host
> ? (I
> had guessed that you'd specify an identifier for the cluster but don't
> think
> that's correct)

When you start a cluster broker it either forms a new cluster or joins
the cluster referred to be the argument to the join option.

> - is there anyway to default failover behaviour in a cluster such that
> clients don't have to specify the string of hosts for failover at
> connection
> time, rather the cluster leader can manage failover from brokers that it
> knows about ?

Unfortunately there is not at present.