qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: FW: Java test failing (resend).
Date Wed, 25 Oct 2006 09:31:44 GMT
After an update I got the same error. There are two issues. The first is
that in the Event class the cast is to an Exception rather than a
Throwable, so Errors cause a cast failure that masks the underlying
problem. I've checked in a trivial fix to that.

The underlying issue is the use of _log.isTraceEnabled() in AMQChannel,
introduced in the last revision. The problem here is that there are two
versions of log4j:

management/core/lib/log4j/log4j-1.2.9.jar
common/lib/logging-log4j/log4j-1.2.13.jar

I think the older one (in management) is being picked up first from the
classpath used for the 'ant test'. Removing that version seems still to
allow build to complete successfully, so perhaps that would be the best
approach?