qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: FW: Java test failing (resend).
Date Wed, 25 Oct 2006 11:07:08 GMT
Gordon Sim wrote:
> The underlying issue is the use of _log.isTraceEnabled() in AMQChannel,
> introduced in the last revision. The problem here is that there are two
> versions of log4j:
>
> management/core/lib/log4j/log4j-1.2.9.jar
> common/lib/logging-log4j/log4j-1.2.13.jar
>
> I think the older one (in management) is being picked up first from the
> classpath used for the 'ant test'.

Seems its not that simple... even with the other jar removed the problem
remains.

The log4j classes including Logger are also included in
client/test/lib/jboss/jboss-messaging-client.jar. Removing it doesn't
seem to break the build; I believe it has been included due to
JBossConnectionFactoryInitialiser which doesn't refer to any jboss
classes directly.

That jar (and the other jboss jar) shouldn't be on our classpath by
default. Perhaps https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-39 could fix
this properly.

However, as of rev 467310, 'ant test' fails and a broker started with
'qpid-server' will fail on handling acknowledgements. I'd suggest the
simplest solution is to remove the jboss jar for now (or rename the
extension).

That allows 'ant test' to pass for me. Thoughts?