qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Fwd: Performance comparison for C++ and Java.
Date Thu, 26 Oct 2006 11:43:13 GMT
Robert Greig wrote:
> I wanted to see how both solutions scaled so did tests with increasing
> numbers of clients, starting with a single client. The results were:
>
> No clients   | CPP    |  Java
> 1                | 320     |  324
> 2                | 395     |  359
> 4                | 979     |  396
> 8                | 1912   |  625

Interesting. Did you alter the number of threads for the c++ broker
(--worker-threads)? The default is 5. Last time round you noticed an
improvement with a higher number I believe.

> What is your threading model?

A separate thread for accepting connections, then a pool of workers used
in a leader-follower pattern processing io events for each connection.