qpid-dev mailing list archives

From "Kodichath, Suresh" <Suresh.Kodich...@iona.com>
Subject Queue Consumer cancel question.
Date Thu, 19 Oct 2006 20:19:59 GMT
Hi,

I was looking into the Python-to-Java failures for
tests.basic.BasicTests.test_cancel, and the Java and C++ brokers differ
in how they implement this.

The following will throw an Exception with the Java broker and not with
the C++ broker.

channel.queue_declare(queue="test-queue-4", exclusive=True)

channel.basic_cancel(consumer_tag="my-consumer")

#cancellation of non-existant consumers should be handled without error

channel.basic_cancel(consumer_tag="my-consumer") // Java throws an
exception here

>From the current published spec. I believe the spec. says nothing about
this behavior, whereas the working copy says that the broker should
ignore this (under 2.1.6.3 The Basic.Cancel Method). Also when I changed
AMQChannel.Java to not throw an Exception for this, the test passes.

So can Qpid use the working copy specification or should it only use the
published one. Finally, is it the Python tests (may be C++ broker as
well) or the Java broker that needs to be changed for this.

Appreciate any/all feedbacks on this.

Thanks!,

Suresh