qpid-dev mailing list archives

From "Marnie McCormack" <marnie.mccorm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Clustering - Current Setup/Questions
Date Fri, 06 Oct 2006 07:47:57 GMT
All,

clustering code and wanted to check my assumptions about how a user would go
about setting up/starting a cluster.

Be good if people who've run a cluster or are more familiar with the code
could confirm please ?

- to start a broker which will participate in a cluster use the class
org.apache.qpid.server.cluster.Main and the -j option which should specify
host:port
- then start x other brokers to join the cluster
- the ClusteredProtocolHandler will then intercept the events usually
handled (in a non-clustered broker) by the ProtocolHandler and manages them
according to the state of the cluster member

I have a couple of quick questions:

- is there any way to configure a cluster using the broker config. I had
initially imagined that you'd be able to do that but couldn't spot a route
in that way ?
- how do you go about running up more than one cluster on the same host ? (I
had guessed that you'd specify an identifier for the cluster but don't think
that's correct)
- is there anyway to default failover behaviour in a cluster such that
clients don't have to specify the string of hosts for failover at connection
time, rather the cluster leader can manage failover from brokers that it
knows about ?

Does anyone have test scripts for starting up a cluster ? Couldn't see any
in svn.

Thanks & Regards,
Marnie