qpid-dev mailing list archives

From "Marnie McCormack" <marnie.mccorm...@googlemail.com>
Subject AMQP Protocol Changes & Qpid
Date Thu, 12 Oct 2006 07:28:00 GMT
As you may be aware there are some significant pieces of work planned for
the AMQP protocol.

Been considering how we can manage the interdependencies between the
protocol workstack and Qpid changes. To that end, I think we need:

1. A visible work tracker (JIRA ?) for the protocol changes - so that Qpid
developers can easily get a handle on what work is in progress and its
current status. No problem if making this available on the amqp.org website
involves a reviewer agreement signature etc, but we need this visibility to
avoid disconnect.
2. A simple way of referencing protocol changes in Qpid JIRA tasks - i.e.
refence 'AMQP Change' in the title or add it as a component, or similar, and
provide a link to the protocol task.
3. A compliance test suite for the protocol so that we can check Qpid builds
against the current release.
4. And finally, someone who has a handle on both the protocol detail and the
Qpid implementation should raise the Qpid JIRAs which are needed as a result
of the AMQP work. Anyone care to volunteer for this role ?

I also think we should plan a Qpid release (0.9?) fairly soon - before the
protocol change work begins. We have existing users and need to be able to
patch for them and insulate them from the major rework that the protocol
changes imply.

Regards,
Marnie