qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Vinoski <vino...@iona.com>
Subject Re: [java] client tests hanging
Date Fri, 10 Nov 2006 04:44:22 GMT
On Nov 9, 2006, at 10:04 AM, Martin Ritchie wrote:

> Steve the tests were failing because the InVM broker hadn't been
> created. I have:
> - Check all unit tests create and destroy InVM Brokers
> - Reorganised unit tests to test.unit
>    + This allows ant build system to show what is being built and
> allow easier detection of failure
> - The tests are now timedout after 90seconds so this should prevent
> the tests hanging forever.
>
> Let me know if the tests are still failling for you. I'd recommend the
> 'testreport' target this will show a summary on screen but create html
> reports in build/<module>/test/junit/index.html

If I run "ant test" it still hangs, in the
org.apache.qpid.test.unit.transacted.TransactedTest. I left it there
for many minutes to see if it would timeout and finish, but it didn't.

If I run "ant testreport" the same test fails due to
"junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: Timeout occurred", but at
least it doesn't hang.

--steve