qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Alan Conway <acon...@redhat.com>
Subject Clustering/Failover design notes.
Date Mon, 27 Nov 2006 23:07:03 GMT
I just put up

http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/qpid/Clustering+Design+Notes
+2

It's quite preliminary, but I'd like to get some discussion started on
this topic. In particular I'd like to
- document out a set of use cases to guide further design refinement.
- establish some common framework for clustering across languages.

I'd particularly like to be informed by the experience of the existing
Java clustering implementation and look at some consolidation of
designs.

I think we want to share at least some basic principles and at least
basic interop for the loosely coupled scenarios. I'm not we can/want to
provide full interop for tightly coupled failover clusters.

So for example: both proposals talk about proxy brokers using AMQP to
transfer state. There's no reason that shouldn't interop at some level.
On the other cluster membership protocols or transaction log storage
might best be addressed in different way for each language (e.g. OpenAIS
vs. JGroups etc.)

Cheers,
Alan.