qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Alan Conway <acon...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Relaese Qpid Milestone 1 - (Java, Python, Ruby)
Date Wed, 29 Nov 2006 15:28:47 GMT
How are these things supposed to be unpacked? The client README says to
"set the QPID_HOME environment variable to
distribution directory and add $QPID_HOME/bin to your PATH." However all
the qpid-*.tar.gz unpack to different directories.

Also release-M1.tar.gz contains both the .tar.gz files AND the .zip
files which makes no sense at all. Why do we even produce .zip files?
Last time I looked winzip can handle tar.gz files, and tar.gz is smaller
than .zip. If we must generate both then we need separate
release-M1.tar.gz and .zip. Also I always find it highly annoying when
people pack .tar.gz files inside other .tar.gz files. Why not just a
release.tar.gz file that directly expands to the content of all the
qpid-*.tar.gz file.

Cheers,
Alan.