qpid-dev mailing list archives

From "John O'Hara" <john.r.oh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Re : Dependencies and how it's going to affect the release
Date Tue, 07 Nov 2006 12:09:04 GMT
Getting license details correct is critical.
It may be that we have to ship a build without these files and provide the
end user with an ANT or Maven task that fetches them.
That way it is the user doing the getting and complying with the license
concerned and its not our issue.

Does ActiveMQ ship JMS.jar from the Apache distribution?
It looks like they don't.

If this is the case, we may have to hand write those files again from the
published documentation on JMS.

The published documentation license would allow us to re-create the files
manually - or indeed just get the necessary interfaces from ActiveMQ, since
we're all part of the family.

This is a pain, but legal is legal is legal, no matter how stupid it seems.

But we need to be squeeky clean on this.
John