qpid-dev mailing list archives

From "John O'Hara" <john.r.oh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: pathnames with spaces == bad
Date Thu, 09 Nov 2006 11:06:17 GMT
Spaces do cause chaos in the command line/scripting environment, I totally
agree. I can hear the painful voice of experience from Steve there :-)

But we need people to be able to unzip and run in "My downloads" and have it
all just work.

The same is true of international character sets.  This kind of cleanliness
sets software apart.  At least the problem is tractable in Java -- but we'll
probably need to deal with the C++ and Python implementations at some point
too.

Ho hum.
John