qpid-dev mailing list archives

From "Steven Shaw" <stes...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: pathnames with spaces == bad
Date Thu, 09 Nov 2006 06:47:29 GMT
I'd personally prefer to see those release-doc files up at the root of
the tree (but I can see the other point of view that says that my
position makes the root "untidy"). It does seem pretty typical to see
them at the top of the tree...

We have had some Ant "problems" with spaces and shell scripts are
notoriously badly written, suffering from problems with spaces in
directory names and file names. I like to see developers learning to
deal with those issues in shell scripts ... but perhaps I'm just a
sadist :).

In your case, Steve - wondering if you have experienced problems with
Maven and spaces in directories/files? or is this more of a general
preventative/defensive measure?

Cheers,
Steve.