qpid-dev mailing list archives

From "Steven Shaw" <stes...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ANN] The M1 Release Candidates are available for download
Date Thu, 16 Nov 2006 22:14:55 GMT
On 16/11/06, Marnie McCormack <marnie.mccormack@googlemail.com> wrote:
> http://jmscts.sourceforge.net/license.html

That's a very slightly modified "New BSD" license which is allowed on

    http://www.apache.org/legal/3party.html

which points to the definition here:

    http://opensource.org/licenses/bsd-license.php

The "All rights reserved" is not a modification! It's a standard part
of the BSD license.

The additions are points (4) and (5):

==begin===
4. Products derived from this Software may not be called "Exolab"
nor may "Exolab" appear in their names without prior written
permission of Exoffice Technologies. Exolab is a registered
trademark of Exoffice Technologies.

5. Due credit should be given to the Exolab Project
(http://www.exolab.org/).
===end===

These additions don't seem onerous but IANAL. Point 4 doesn't apply as
we are not deriving from it, only using it. Point 5 would be satisfied
by a prominent thank you note in our README file or on our Wiki I
imagine. Note that the Exolab project no longer exists...

Regards,
Steve.