qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <daniel.k...@iona.com>
Subject Re: Release artifacts
Date Tue, 07 Nov 2006 17:35:03 GMT
On Tuesday November 07 2006 12:15 pm, Rajith Attapattu wrote:
> Here is the proposed  naming strucute for the jars for qpid.
>
> apache-qpid-common-M1.jar
> apache-qpid-broker-M1.jar
> apache-qpid-client-M1.jar
> apache-qpid-management-M1.jar

I would HIGHLY suggest naming them like they would be named if built from
maven to ease the transition later.   Thus:

apache-qpid-common-1.0-incubator-M1.jar

That would be artifact id of apache-qpid-common and version number of
1.0-incubator-M1.

> apache-qpid-src-M1.zip  and a apache-qpid-src-M1.tar.gz for source
> apache-qpid-std-bin-M1.zip  and a apache-qpid-std-bin-M1.tar.gz

Again, use the full version number of 1.0-incubator-M1.

The incubator folks will complain if the artifacts don't say "incubator"
in them someplace.   Yoko, Tuscany, CXF, and others have all gone with a
version number of "#.#-incubator[-M#]" scheme.   Being consistent is
probably good.

> Ant tasks or maven goals
> --------------------------------------
> Ant or maven we need to provide a way for people who download the src
> and for us to build these release artifacts.
> So we need to create two ant tasks (or maven goals) called std-src-dist
> and stad-bin-dist which will create the above release artifacts.
>
> Source distribtuion
> -----------------------------
> a) A compilable source tree from the tagged version which is used for
> the binary release.
> b) We need to have NOTICE.txt, README.txt, LICENSE.txt and
> release_notes in the top level directory
> c) We need to get the licensing for all dependencies as we are
> currently using ant and have a static repo
>
> Standard Binary distribution
> release_notes, README, NOTICE and LICENSE files should be at the top
> level directory.

In the META-INF dir of each jar, you also need to have a DISCLAIMER
(incubator disclaimer thing), the NOTICE, and the LICENSE file.

--
J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer