qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <daniel.k...@iona.com>
Subject svn properties....
Date Thu, 09 Nov 2006 15:57:41 GMT

I noticed that a lot of files in qpid don't have any svn properties set on
them so they end up with mixed cr/lf issues, wrong mime types when
browsing, etc....   That's probably not a good thing.

I've attached a little bash shell script that I use to fix up issues like
that in a bunch of SVN repositories.   It runs on Linux (maybe on Mac as
well, GNU xargs required) and will reset all the properties for the types
I've been exposed to.   Someone should propable run it on trunk to get
things into a good consistent state and then start from there.

QPID should also define a definite set of auto props that developers
should be using.   A good starting point may be the CXF ones at:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/cxf/trunk/etc/svn-auto-props
they should cover MOST of the stuff encountered.   Not sure about the
ruby/python stuff.

--
J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer