qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <daniel.k...@iona.com>
Subject Re: svn properties....
Date Mon, 13 Nov 2006 15:25:21 GMT
On Monday November 13 2006 10:14 am, Robert Greig wrote:
> On 13/11/06, Steve Vinoski <vinoski@iona.com> wrote:
> > I don't object at all to adding it, but seeing as how we're part of a
> > much larger repository, could we even make such a change without
> > getting buy-in across all the other projects sharing this repository?
>
> Yes that could be a problem. What we could do is put in a test at the
> stop to do if the path of the commit starts with "qpid" so it only
> really applies to our project. Or read a file to check which commit
> paths to match on, since that would make it easy to roll out to other
> projects.

Before spending much time on it, you probably should send a note to
infrastructure@apache.org asking if it's possible and how to proceed.

Adding hooks into SVN, even if it bails if it's not qpid, would affect ALL
commits as processes would need to be forked to do the validation and
such.   Infrastructure would need to be involved to make sure that's
acceptable.

That all said, I'd love it.   It would be great if it could be updated to
handle all the auto_props, but even flagging the eol-style is a huge
help.

--
J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer