qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Vinoski <vino...@iona.com>
Subject Re: [java] client tests hanging
Date Fri, 10 Nov 2006 14:48:38 GMT
On Nov 10, 2006, at 3:28 AM, Marnie McCormack wrote:
> As you all know we're currently getting organised for M1.

Yep, and I've been working to make maven ready for it. Brian asked
the question about moving to maven for M1 in another thread last
night, and I'm surprised to see no answers to it this morning.

> At things stand
> there are several open JIRAs for this work. Most of the changes you
> are
> seeing are directly related to the legal/license requirements for
> releasing,
> with some others being derived from these changes.

This isn't accurate. I don't think the reorganization of tests that
occurred earlier this week was necessary for legal/license requirements.

All I'm saying in my email below is that 1) it would have been nice
to have gotten advance notice that the tests were going to be
reorganized, so that I wouldn't have wasted time moving the old stuff
around on my branch, and 2) the only thing keeping maven from being
ready for M1 is the need for further improvement to the test structure.

> Martin, Rajith & I have been doing the work for the release, but
> everyone is
> most welcome (indeed encouraged) to contribute to the leg work on
> this front
> - via the JIRAs (and any new ones you think we need). We're hoping to
> complete the restructuring required for release later today. It's not
> exciting, but we're getting there.

And as I've noted several times, if anyone wants to pitch in and help
on the maven front, that would be great as well.

> For unrelated changes to the tests that you think a good idea -
> probably
> best to raise JIRAs with details and progress them after M1 is
> complete to
> minimise flux.

These aren't unrelated test changes -- they're required for maven to
work.

> Plenty to be done :-)

Indeed, but let's not make a flurry of immediate changes in the name
of M1 based on assumptions that may or may not be accurate. You seem
to be assuming that maven is not in the M1 picture, while a number of
the rest of us are not making that assumption, as indicated by
Brian's other email thread.

--steve