qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Rafael Schloming <rafa...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE][Qpid] M1 release
Date Fri, 03 Nov 2006 20:50:50 GMT
Rajith Attapattu wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I think it's time to do a M1 release :)
>
> Can we have a show of hands first of all for the release and then for the
> components for the release.
> This release is only for Java and the scripts.
> Then lets create a thread on the release dates, code freeze and RC's.
> So here is the format

[+1] M1 Release
[+1] Java Broker + client
[+1] Python and Ruby clients

The python client should be ready to release as is. I think I need to
find a day or so to finish one last piece of the ruby client. I suggest
we just go with simple tarballs/zips + a README file for packaging them.
  I think we'll always want this as a distribution option, and we can
get fancy with gems and RPMs and so forth later.

--Rafael