qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Carl Trieloff <cctriel...@redhat.com>
Subject Release and Maven
Date Fri, 10 Nov 2006 18:45:21 GMT

I have IRC'ed, water cooler chatted with a few of the
committers. From that I would like  to suggest the following:

1. We create a LABEL of what we have now. Rajith
has done this for us ( If all goes wrong we can go back)
2. One of the biggest issues that Steve has been having is
 tests, to this end it would be easier for Steve to restructure
tests on trunk. I suggest that he do this today. This means that
he has less back merging to do.

Then, as we will still have builds on the trunk we have two options:
a.) If Maven branch is clean by Monday and can create RC's we do
a quick vote monday to include maven and merge to trunk based on
the state of the branch.
b.) If Maven branch is not at this point, we create a branch for the RC
from trunk and create the M1 RC without maven. Once we have this
branch for M1, we get the maven merged on trunk not affecting M1

I expect that we will have most of the other issues compete Monday,
and either way we have a RC Tuesday that we can test / refine with
or without maven, and have made a clear way for Steve to get his
branch merged back. Either Monday or post branch Wednesday.

Does this fly...

Carl.