qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Carl Trieloff <cctriel...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Maven build
Date Tue, 14 Nov 2006 19:52:44 GMT

I fully understand, that is why I was trying to get consensus. The issue
is that when M1 punch list was build maven
was not included. This might have been because Steve was on the road --
the fact is that no one else added it for M1

Anyway we have a situation where we completed all the JIRAs for M1 and
as committers where trying to close down for RC
when the maven for M1 discussion started. unfortunate...

I understand the desire to get maven in, in M1. I also understand the
desire to branch the mainline and move on. Somewhere
someone has to give some goodwill --- worst case is that those that want
maven in force a 3 day window for vote, --- then as those
that want to keep moving still might not vote maven in for M1.

Let's not use up all the good will and be pragmatic..

To this end my a propose a third option:
 - branch to release what we have now  (This is a good so that we can
work through all the apache release procedures)
 - when we release C++ and other components in a few weeks time (maybe
push back to Dec) we call it M2 and re-cut an update of Java
       - with maven + new code generators, persistence etc....

Does this fly ??  if not suggest a variation.

Carl.