qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Carl Trieloff <cctriel...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Maven and artifacts....
Date Wed, 15 Nov 2006 19:23:08 GMT

Dan,

I get all that.. can you provide feedback on Gordon question: "Are you
saying it is not possible for maven to be used to build a release that
includes any jar file that is not published to a public maven repository? "

This is key as for most projects. everything that we use might not/will
not be in a maven repository. How is this best handled with maven?

As a side note - in Red Hat some of these types of issues are HELL for
us, and we have created a bunch of extra stuff to work around problems
in building distributions in a manageable way with 1000's of packages
when maven is involved.

Insights appreciated.
Carl.