qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Carl Trieloff <cctriel...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Maven and artifacts....
Date Wed, 15 Nov 2006 22:01:12 GMT
Daniel Kulp wrote:
> Steven,
>
> On Wednesday November 15 2006 3:31 pm, Steven Shaw wrote:
>
>> On 15/11/06, Daniel Kulp <daniel.kulp@iona.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Yes, it is possible, but it's not easy and usually would require
>>> every developer to do extra steps prior to building.   As I mentioned
>>> before, it will also make it very hard to work with other projects
>>> like Tuscany and CXF as you then start requiring all of their
>>> developers to do the same and then all the projects that rely on them
>>> also require it, etc... It's pretty much viral in nature.
>>>
>> I see the problem. It is possible for us to, instead of pushing our
>> mina and fscontext jars into a maven repository, to have Maven
>> download them from SVN instead?
>>

> Well, two answers:
> 1) fscontext - definitely not.  It's not even allowed in SVN.

To add to Dan's comment -
I chatted with Cliff a bit on this. I understand that we can leave the
test in svn (but not the jar as Dan says), and place a readme that
states - in order to run the test you need to go download it. We might
want to move test that fall into this class into another location in the
long run, as they become "optional" and if you want to run them you need
to download these pieces separately.

This mechanism can only be used for non required / optional tests /
components however.

Carl.