qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Maven and artifacts....
Date Thu, 16 Nov 2006 09:26:55 GMT
Daniel Kulp wrote:
> On Wednesday November 15 2006 2:23 pm, Carl Trieloff wrote:
>> This is key as for most projects. everything that we use might not/will
>> not be in a maven repository. How is this best handled with maven?
>
> Get the artifacts into the repository.     From an apache standpoint, all
> the licenses for stuff we're allowed to use allow for the artifacts to be
> published to the maven repository.   Follow the instructions at:
> http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-central-repository-upload.html

Dan,

thanks for the info. I have had a brief read of that document. The
quoted section below raised one more question in my mind:

     "you must provide proof that you control the domain that
      matches the groupId. Provide proof means that the project
      is hosted at that domain or it's owned by a member, in
      that case you must give the link to the registrar database
      (whois) where the owner is listed and the page in the
      project web where the owner is associated with the project.
      eg. If you use a com.sun.xyz package name we expect that
      the project is hosted at http://xyz.sun.com."

Can we put third party artifacts (whose license is acceptable to ASF)
into a maven repository?

E.g. if we wanted to use evs4j for clustering
(http://freshmeat.net/projects/evs4j/, apache license 2.0), can we
upload that to a maven repository so we can use it as a dependency for
qpid? Could we use net.freshmeat.evs4j as the group id?

Thanks,

Gordon.