qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Carl Trieloff <cctriel...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Including snapshot dependencies from other ASF projects
Date Mon, 20 Nov 2006 20:19:39 GMT
Marnie McCormack wrote:
> Hi Cliff,
>
> Thanks very much for progressing this for us.
>
> It has been encouraging to read such thoughtful and pragmatic
> Leo and Henri.
>
> My reading of their responses is that if we cannot use a MINA release, we
> can proceed with the snapshot if the MINA team do not object and there
> are
> valid reasons for doing so (and we follow the advice about declaring the
> snapshot appropriately.
>
> Is this how you read the feedback ?

I know Robert has been speaking with MINA team. Looking through all
those mails
on the MINA list I would guess the next step would be write a mail that
copies both
the MINA and Qpid lists and ask if they would create us one case (3). if
not we then need to
document the details to release M1 under case (4)

(3) failing that, all dependencies SHOULD have a
         project-sanctioned beta/alpha/snapshot release
       (4) failing that, custom builds of all dependencies
           SHOULD be clearly identified as such and traceable
           to their exact origin, eg

             qpid-1.1.4-incubating.zip
               lib/
                 mina-r2475690.qpid-1.1.4-incubating.jar