qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Vinoski <vino...@iona.com>
Subject Re: svn properties....
Date Mon, 13 Nov 2006 15:59:23 GMT

On Nov 13, 2006, at 10:46 AM, Alan Conway wrote:

> Is it possible to get triggers to actually fix the properties rather
> than just abort the commit and tell you to fix them?

Doesn't look that way -- the SVN book says the following.
"Warning

Do not attempt to modify the transaction using hook scripts. A common
example of this would be to automatically set properties such as
svn:eol-style or svn:mime-type during the commit. While this might
seem like a good idea, it causes problems. The main problem is that
the client does not know about the change made by the hook script,
and there is no way to inform the client that it is out-of-date. This
inconsistency can lead to surprising and unexpected behavior.

Instead of attempting to modify the transaction, it is much better to
check the transaction in the pre-commit hook and reject the commit if
it does not meet the desired requirements."

--steve