qpid-dev mailing list archives

From "Martin Ritchie" <ritch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Re: Maven build
Date Tue, 14 Nov 2006 23:06:53 GMT
Just before close of day I just wanted to add my 2ยข.

Just picking up from conversations since 5pm.

The only thing that is missing from the head ant build is the separate
preparation of client zip and tgz. I have the changes ready to commit
but have not committed them until the M1 situation is resolved.

I am very much in favour of releasing now as we are passed a well
publicised deadline for M1 issues listed in JIRA. I think the idea of
understanding the release process with this M1 java/python/ruby will
be very informative and by the time it is done we will be near
Christmas and have the new persistence model and a fully maven-ized
truck that will be real value add for our clients/users and be a
perfect time to M2 the entire project.

I for one have not had much input on the maven branch as I have far
more experience with ant but the coming weeks of maven-ization of the
truck will help me understand more and give me time to aid resolving
any issues that exist.

I would really like to see us all working together as a cohesive
project, which is what incubation diversity is all about, as I
understand it.

I think we all value the initial work that Steve has put in to getting
maven working on the trunk. I just feel it is important for the
project going forward that we have set goals that are clearly defined
in JIRAs so that the community can see our direction and we can all
understand when we are ready for next release.

This will prevent any one party trying to add in new features before a
release deadline unless the there is a binding vote that says
otherwise.

This is the only way that I can see to work if graduation from the
incubator is our goal.

--
Martin