qpid-dev mailing list archives

From "Martin Ritchie" <ritch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Re: svn commit: r475297 - /incubator/qpid/trunk/qpid/java/broker/src/org/apache/qpid/server/Main.java
Date Wed, 15 Nov 2006 19:06:53 GMT
I really hope that we don't have to rely on publicly available
releases. What if a bug in one of our dependencies prevents us
releasing because we have to wait for them despite there being a well
used patch available? Do other OS projects just wait for their
dependent projects to release? Does this approach foster a greater
community as you have to help out projects you are dependent on?
Fixing problems and release so that you can focus on your own
projects.

Such a limitation of maven which would have been good to know up front
before we embarked on maven-ization. I'm really struggling to see what
maven brings to the table.

--
Martin Ritchie