qpid-dev mailing list archives

From "Martin Ritchie" <ritch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ANN] Release Candidate
Date Tue, 21 Nov 2006 10:43:32 GMT
On 20/11/06, Cliff Schmidt <cliffschmidt@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 11/20/06, Rajith Attapattu <rajith77@gmail.com> wrote:
> 3. The DISCLAIMER file has the incubating notice in it.  I thought
> that the incubator docs say to put this in the README, not a separate
> doc.  I haven't looked at them in a while, but that's what I recall.
> Sorry can't verify that at the moment, but you might want to check
> that.

Quoting from robert burrell donkin discussing the OpenJPA release:

>> I don't see any
>> mention of including the DISCLAIMER file ... is there somewhere else
>> that mentions that that file should be included in jars (or other
>> binary artifacts)?
>
>you won't find it since this is not a general requirement for apache
>releases :-)
>
>the IPMC requires a disclaimer text is distributed with each artifact.
>i guessed that since openjpa uses a DISCLAIMER.txt that it would make
>sense to include this. feel free to shoot me down if you already
>include the disclaimer in some other form.

Full email at:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-general/200611.mbox/%3cf470f68e0611180649k1d1e7ea7he71ede29c9d146e3@mail.gmail.com%3e

If it isn't a general requirement then I guess we don't need it but it
seems like a good thing to have separate from the README as it at
least to me stands out more.
--
Martin Ritchie